Planning to install a new countertop but not sure which material to use? You might want to consider one or two from the following materials for kitchen countertops San Marcos, CA.
- Granite – Considered to be the top choice; a definition of kitchen elegance that even a modest kitchen can appear luxurious with this material. Other reasons include being heat resistant, comes in a wide array of colors (about 3000 different colors), strong and durable, and with less maintenance requirement.
- Marble – Another natural stone chosen by many for kitchen countertops San Marcos, CA. A countertop made out of marble can be entirely unique because no two sheets of marble are exactly the same. Though perceived to be expensive, this does not stop many customers from using this material. Some just use it on an island or a section of the countertop intended as a baking center. Exceptional aesthetics, being waterproof and heatproof are other reasons why marble is the material of choice of many for countertops.
- Quartz – This material is a product of engineering (i.e. it is an engineered stone) that contains about 90% quartz particles and the rest are other minerals, shaped into slabs and bound with resins. This material can be custom-fabricated in any size and shape and this flexibility attracts many clients. Furthermore, it is easy to maintain and it resists stains and heat.
- Ceramic tile – Preferred by many for its durability and affordability. In addition, it is easy to clean because it is non-porous. It is worth-noting as well that this material comes in a wide array of colors and style. It is heat resistant, and is easy for DIYers to construct.
- Soapstone – Yet another natural store option that is usually dark gray in color with smooth and silky feel. In addition, this material is quite hard and resistant to stain. Considered to be a great alternative to granite, it is often installed in homes with classical theme. However, today, it is gaining more and more popularity in modern home applications.
Have more questions about kitchen countertops San Marcos, CA? Contact Scandinavian Marble today at (760) 591-0070.