Whether you are planning to hire a freelance cabinet maker in Rancho Bernardo, CA or from a more established cabinet making contractor, it is imperative that you only deal with one that can deliver a service that is of high quality. After all, it involves some serious amount of money that you cannot afford to go down the drain. Well, it might be a bit challenging to find one, but here are some tips you might find useful:
Start your search online – can be done at the comfort of your home
Since you are reading this article, it means that you are taking advantage of the Internet technology to find a good prospect. While you can use search engines such as Google, there are other effective ways as well that you should try; you can make use of local directories such as Yelp, Manta, Yellowpages – these sites provide geo-targeted information about any product or service that you can think about, including cabinet makers; just make the search terms location-specific – in your case, you can use terms like “cabinet maker Rancho Bernardo, ca,” or “garage cabinets Escondido, ca,” or simply “cabinet makers, ca” to filter the results down to the most relevant ones.
When doing a background check
When I say ‘do a background check’ it does not mean you have to uncover your prospect’s personal information to the extent that you invade one’s ‘privacy’; it just means you do work or service-related checking. Here are some items (questions) that could be included in your qualification checklist:
• Is it/he licensed to provide cabinet making service in Rancho Bernardo, CA? You can refer to government agencies that regulate licenses such as the Contractors State License Board to verify.
• What is the contractor’s project specialization (e.g. residential, corporate or business, medical, education)
• How long the cabinet maker has been in business? The general rule of thumb is that the longer the time a contractor is in business, the more experienced he is.
• Can your prospect show some from his portfolio? Are there completed projects in the area available for you to check or refer to for work quality?
• What other customers are saying? Are there any complaints and do they have merits? Have some time to ask around the locality.
• Is it/he offering reasonable prices? Make a price comparison to determine if the offer is worth your money.
• Is he affiliated to reputable organizations of his industry? A cabinet maker who is affiliated to reputable organizations in the industry is an added point.
The importance of personal interview
Personal interview is important prior to hiring, most especially if it is your first time to hear about such a contractor. It provides you an opportunity to verify the facts you have gathered during the background checking/research; it’s also your chance to clarify certain things that you might think a little shady – most especially when it comes to costs. In addition, you can also gauge the ‘level of sincerity’ of your prospect when you have talked to him personally.
Finding a good cabinet maker in Rancho Bernardo, CA (or in any location for that matter) might take a little bit of work but you will reap the benefit of finding one – quality work that equates your payment’s worth.